Internet Explorer was retired on June 15, 2022
Data Migration Assistant
Data Migration Assistant (DMA) enables you to upgrade to a modern data platform by detecting compatibility issues that can impact database functionality on your new version of SQL Server. It recommends performance and reliability improvements for your target environment. It allows you to not only move your schema and data, but also uncontained objects from your source server to your target server.
31.6 MBWhat is new in V5.8?
- Upgraded DMA command line to .NET 6.
- Improved memory collector for SKU recommendation to fix an issue causing query timeouts and high CPU usage on the source instance.
- Fixed accessibility bugs.
- Overview of Data Migration Assistant | Microsoft Docs
- Identify the right Azure SQL Database SKU for your on-premises databases | Microsoft Docs
- Source: SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2014, SQL Server 2016, SQL Server 2017, SQL Server 2019, SQL Server 2022 and, Amazon RDS for SQL Server
- Target: SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2014, SQL Server 2016, SQL Server 2017, SQL Server 2019, SQL Server 2022, Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Database Managed Instance
Supported Operating Systems
Windows Server 2016, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2022Windows 7 64-bit (or Windows Server 2012) and above
.NET Framework 4.7.2 64-bit or above
.NET 6 64-bit
Recommended resolution (1024x756)
- Download and run the DataMigrationAssistant.msi package.