Configure the app
Use the Settings page to configure the features for the Microsoft Viva Insights app. For example, you can turn reminders on or off, or change the day and hour settings for features on the Settings page, such as for Praise and Reflection.
To configure the settings:
In the upper-right corner of any page, select the ellipsis (...), and then select Settings.
You can configure settings for the following features:
- Workweek – Edit the days of the week that you work, your start time, end time, and your time zone. These settings are kept synchronized with the same settings in Outlook. That is, if you change them in one place, they will be updated everywhere that they appear.
- Virtual commute – Choose whether you want a reminder to wrap up your day and when you want to see that reminder.
- Protect time – You can do three things in Protect time settings:
- Set up your quiet time: Select whether you want to mute mobile notifications during certain times of the day, and whether there are some days you want to mute mobile notifications all day.
Quiet time is currently in private preview.
- Set up a no-meeting day reminder, which reminds you to clear conflicting meetings on no-meeting days.
- Configure your focus plan. For more information about focus plans, refer to Focus plan.
- Reflection – Choose whether you want a reminder to reflect and when you want to see that reminder. For more information about reflections in the Viva Insights app, refer to Reflect.
- Praise – Choose whether you want a reminder to send praise to your colleagues and when you want to see that reminder. For more information about praise in the Viva Insights app, refer to Send praise.
- Effective meetings – Choose whether you to send a meeting effectiveness survey to participants in meetings you organize.
- Teamwork habits – You can use this option to update your list of team members. Teamwork habits is available to users who have a premium Microsoft Viva Insights license with an applicable service plan.
As described above, you can set reminders for several features in the Viva Insights app. You can schedule these reminders for any day of the week, including days not configured as workdays in your Outlook settings.
When you set reminders:
- The time you select will apply to every day on which you'll see reminders; you can’t set different times for different days of the week.
- They won’t arrive at exactly the scheduled time, but within 15 minutes on either side of the scheduled time. For example, if your reminder is scheduled for 5:00, the reminder could show up anytime between 4:45 and 5:15.
- Each reminder shows up in your Teams activity feed. When you see it, you can select it there and it'll open the feature (reflection, praise, virtual commute, or no-meeting day) directly in the Viva Insights app.
Submit and view feedback for