Set up Microsoft 365 Business Premium
After you have started a trial or purchased Microsoft 365 Business Premium, your next step is to get everything set up. You have several options available. You can:
- Start with the guided setup experience for basic setup and configuration, and then proceed to Bump up security; or
- Work with a Microsoft partner who can help you get everything set up and configured.
Before you begin
Make sure that you meet the following requirements before you begin your setup process:
|Subscription||Microsoft 365 Business Premium or Microsoft 365 for Campaigns
To start a trial or purchase your subscription, see the following articles:
- Get Microsoft 365 Business Premium
- Get Microsoft 365 for Campaigns
|Permissions||To complete the initial setup process, you must be a Global Admin. Learn more about admin roles.|
|Browser requirements||Microsoft Edge, Safari, Chrome or Firefox. Learn more about browser requirements.|
|Operating systems (client)||Windows: Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1
macOS: One of the three most recent versions of macOS
|Operating systems (servers)||Windows Server or Linux Server
- Requires Microsoft Defender for Business servers (currently in preview)
- See How to get Microsoft Defender for Business servers (preview).
For more detailed information about Microsoft 365, Office, and system requirements, see Microsoft 365 and Office Resources.
Guided setup process
Microsoft 365 Business Premium includes a guided process. The following video shows the guided setup process for Microsoft 365 Business Standard, which also applies to Microsoft 365 Business Premium.
As soon as you've completed the guided setup process, make sure to proceed to bump up security.
After you have added users, give them a link to the Employee quick setup guide. The guide walks them through signing in, getting Office apps, and saving, copying, and sharing files.
Work with a Microsoft partner
If you'd prefer to have a Microsoft partner help you get and set up Microsoft 365, follow these steps:
Go to the Browse Partners page.
In the Filters pane, specify search criteria, such as:
- Your location
- Your organization's size
- Focus areas, such as Security and/or Threat Protection
- Services, such as Licensing or Managed Services (MSP)
As soon as you select one or more criteria, the list of partners updates.
Review the list of results. Select a provider to learn more about their expertise and the services they provide.
- Find a Microsoft partner or reseller
- Set up self-service passwords
- Set up self-service group management
Proceed to Bump up security.
Submit and view feedback for