Overview of Community
Welcome to Dynamics 365 Customer Service Community, a new app that offers a suite of capabilities that are designed to help your organization invite customer suggestions and crowd source portfolios of outside-in ideas. Community can help fuel your business transformation, build customer trust with process transparency, and drive timely follow-up for suggestions.
In addition to providing feedback to organizations, end users use Community to collaborate on a social scale, and rally behind suggestions from others to help shape the future of the products they use.
The following two separate installations are required to use Customer Service Community:
- Dynamics 365 Customer Service Community: The installation requires at least one Customer Service Enterprise license in your organization tenant. Dynamics 365 Customer Service Community provides community managers and moderators with the necessary capabilities to capture and evaluate ideas and demonstrate care with closed loop, applying their organization brand across user interaction points.
This installation allows you to do the following tasks:
- Configure of the modern Community portal to fit your organization brand, including colors, custom header and footer, and quick links.
- Create and manage idea forums.
- Manage content, including content moderation and merge of duplicate ideas.
- Update the status and respond to community feedback.
- Manage users and assign security roles on a forum level.
- “Modern Community” portal template: This template offers delightful end-user experiences that are available out of the box. End users can share new ideas with organizations and collaborate on a social scale.
This installation lets your end users do the following tasks:
- Browse, search, filter, and sort idea lists.
- Post new ideas. This flow includes autosuggestion of existing ideas to prevent duplicates.
- Collaborate and engage in a community that includes upvoting, commenting, sharing, and following ideas.
- Flag inappropriate content.
- Track the status of ideas users engaged with in own personalized space.
Submit and view feedback for