Set up the Teams Phone System with Calling Plan bundle for small to medium businesses
The Teams Phone System with Calling Plan bundle is a complete phone system that can replace your existing telephony provider. Whether you're a new business setting up phone numbers for the first time or an established business moving from a legacy on-premises telephony provider, the steps in these articles can help you get up and running with the Phone System with Calling Plan bundle. When you're finished setting up:
- You'll be able to receive toll or toll-free phone calls on a main company phone line. You can even set up a call menu if you want.
- Users set up with a Teams Phone with Calling Plan bundle license will have their own direct-dial phone numbers that they can use to make and receive phone calls from any device with Teams installed.
- Meeting participants will be able to call in to meetings using a regular phone if they're unable to join from a Teams client.
- If you have existing phone numbers, you'll be able to continue using them after they're moved to Phone System with Calling Plan.
If you want to learn more about the Phone System with Calling Plan bundle for small and medium businesses, check out Teams Phone System guidance for small and medium businesses.
Microsoft Teams and Phone System only work when your users' mailboxes are located in Microsoft 365 (excluding Microsoft 365 Teams Essentials subscribers). They don't support mailboxes on on-premises Exchange Server.
Before you begin
Before you set up the Phone System with Calling Plan bundle, there are a few things you need to do. The following tasks will make sure your organization is ready.
- Buy Teams Phone with Calling Plan bundle licenses and, if you want to get a toll-free number, make long-distance phone calls, or purchase Communication Credits, see Purchase Teams Phone with Calling Plan bundle licenses.
- Make sure your internet connection can support Phone System. For more information, see Check your internet connection for Teams Phone System.
After you've prepared your organization for the Phone System with Calling Plan bundle, select Next step: Start setting up Teams Phone System with Calling Plan.
Submit and view feedback for